Huff and Puffers is a online vape shop that sells e-cigs, box mods, e-liquid and acessories, which are considered tobacco products. You must be of legal smoking age (at least 21) to enter and purchase our products.
E-Cigarettes vs. Smoking: Why Vaping is Better
In the United States alone, there are more than 40 million cigarette smokers. According to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) smoking can harm just about every organ in the human body, and it results in more than 16 million Americans living with a smoking-related disease. Smoking can cause a wide range of diseases including:
• Heart disease
• Lung diseases
• Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Smoking can also increase the risk of eye diseases, tuberculosis, erectile dysfunction, and immune system problems. In summary, smoking is the leading cause of preventable death. Huff & Puffers are incredibly proud to offer you a solution to help quit your smoking habit.
Why Smoking Cigarettes is Bad for You
The main reason that smoking cigarettes is bad for you is because of the contents in the tobacco. Though you may not realize it, cigarette smoke contains more than 600 different ingredients, which when burned produce more than 4,000 different chemicals. 43 of these are known to cause cancer (carcinogenic). Here is a rundown on some of the most harmful chemicals in cigarettes.
Nicotine: Although nicotine is not carcinogenic, it is very addictive, which is why people find it so hard to quit smoking. Nicotine’s action upon your body occurs very quickly; it reaches your brain within 7-15 seconds after it’s been inhaled. Nicotine also causes changes to your blood pressure and blood sugar.
Tar: Tar is a substance produced from burning tobacco. All cigarettes produce tar, which is why “light” cigarettes are just as harmful as “regular” strength cigarettes. Tar is a sticky, brown substance that causes stains on your fingers and teeth. Although some of the tar leaves your body when you exhale, some of it remains in your lungs, killing health cells and paralyzing the fine hairs in your airways that help you breathe. Tar from smoking can lead to throat cancer and lung cancer in smokers.
Carbon Monoxide: Although everyone has a small amount of carbon monoxide in their blood stream, heavy smokers (those who smoke two or more packs a day) have more than three times as much carbon monoxide in their blood stream than non-smokers. This means that it is possible for heavy smokers to develop carbon monoxide poisoning sever enough to require an emergency room visit.
Formaldehyde: Formaldehyde is produced when tobacco is burned. Cigarette smoke contains more than three times the occupational limits of formaldehyde. This chemical is responsible for the nose, throat and eye irritation you experience when smoking.
Arsenic: The type of arsenic found in cigarette smoke is the more toxic of the two forms of this chemical – inorganic arsenic (organic being the other form). The arsenic comes from pesticides which are used on the tobacco leaves, which absorb these residues. This in turn is released when the tobacco is burned. Inorganic arsenic has been linked to serval forms of cancer including lung cancer, bladder cancer and liver cancer.
Naphthalene: This substance is a pesticide that can be absorbed by tobacco leaves and released when tobacco is burned. It is also found in higher concentrations in “safe cigarettes.” Naphthalene exposure can cause damage to your liver and eyes. It is also carcinogenic.
Lead: Research has shown that many popular brands of cigarette contain high concentrations of lead in the tobacco leaves. Even cigarette filters cannot prevent heavy metals such as lead from entering the blood stream when you smoke. Lead is a toxic substance and actively inhaling it can lead to lung cancer.
Benzene: Benzene is found in gasoline and crude oil. It is also a byproduct of smoking. Benzene in cigarette smoke can lead to damage to bone marrow, anemia and increased risk of leukemia.
The Dangers of Passive Smoking
It is not only smokers who are harmfully affected by the dangerous chemicals produced by smoking. Non-smokers who are subjected to second hand smoke (SHS) can also suffer adverse health effects. There are two main types of smoke that come from burning tobacco:
• Mainstream smoke: This is the smoke that comes from the cigarette and is inhaled by you as your smoke.
• Sidestream smoke: This is the smoke that comes from the end of a lit cigarette, cigar, pipe or hookah.
It may surprise you to know that sidestream smoke contains higher concentrations of carcinogens because it is comprised of smaller particles, which can enter your body more easily than larger ones.
Passive smoking (the breathing in of SHS) can cause cancer even if you have never smoked cigarettes. It is known to increase the risk of the following types of cancer:
• Voice box
• Brain bladder
In children, passive smoking may also be linked to increased risk of leukemia, brain tumors, liver cancer, and lymphoma. SHS can also lead to symptoms of depression and can cause you and your children to be more likely to experience coughing, wheezing and breathlessness, more ear and lung infections and to generally get sick more often.
Are E-Cigarettes and Vaping Healthier than Smoking Cigarettes?
A landmark study, published in the United Kingdom in 2015, claimed that smoking e-cigarettes is 95 percent safer than smoking tobacco. The study, conducted by Public Health England (PHE), also found that most of the 2.6 million adults in England who use e-cigarettes are current or ex-tobacco smokers who are using the vaporizing devices to stop smoking.
Why are E-cigarettes Better?
There are a number of reasons that vaping is healthier than smoking tobacco. Here’s a rundown.
• Fewer chemicals: Vaping liquids do not contain or produce the harmful chemicals produced by smoking tobacco.
• Better health: Because it doesn’t produce harmful chemicals like tar and carbon monoxide, vaping does not carry the same health risk as smoking tobacco does.
• Money saving: As well as the health benefits, vaping is also less expensive and more cost-effective than smoking tobacco in the long term.
• Socially acceptable: The places where you can smoke tobacco are becoming fewer and farther between. Because it doesn’t produce horribly smelling tobacco smoke, vaping is becoming more and more socially acceptable.
If you are ready to ditch tobacco, quit smoking, and start vaping, you’ll feel much better and it’s kinder to your wallet. Huff & Puffers will help you get on the path to a healthier lifestyle with their range of vape pens and mods and the most popular e-juices on the market, all in one place, at the best prices.
How Do E-cigarettes Work?
An e-cigarette (also known as a smokeless cigarette) looks a lot like a real cigarette, but is a battery-powered device that contains no tobacco. Instead it uses battery power to heat nicotine liquid. The heat converts the liquid to vapor so that you can inhale it. There are three main parts to an e-cigarette:
• A rechargeable lithium battery: This is what powers the e-cigarette. It can easily be charged with a charger similar to the one you use to charge your cell phone.
• A vaporization chamber: Once the battery is charged, you connect it to the vaporization chamber. This is a hollow tube that is comprised of electronic controls and an atomizer. The atomizer is the device that turns the liquid nicotine into vapor.
• A cartridge: Next, you add a nicotine containing cartridge to the vaporization chamber. The tip of the cartridge is the e-cigarette’s mouthpiece. You can inhale from an e-cigarette in just the same way you would a normal one.
Each time you inhale, this activates the atomizer and the liquid is heated and vaporized. Nicotine is delivered to your lungs and you exhale the vapor, which looks like smoke but does not have the unpleasant tobacco smell.
How Do Vaporizers Work?
Personal vaporizers (PVs) are a little different than e-cigarettes, though they work on the same principal. The main differences are:
• Size: They have a larger tank to hold more of the liquid (vape juice).
• Longer lasting: They have a larger, longer-lasting battery.
• Refillable: You can refill the tank whenever you like, rather than having to change the cartridge like in an e-cigarette.
Refilling your Personal Vaporizer
Refilling your VP is very easy. You simply unscrew the battery from the tank, open the metal tank cap and pour juice from your bottle into the inner wall of the tank. Be careful to avoid getting juice into the fine tube in the center of the tank. Once you’re done, replace the cap and re-attached the tank to the battery. You’re ready to go.
There are two main types of PV:
Vape pens: A vape pen is a slim-style VP. It has a long battery life and is very portable. This type of VP is great for beginners or experienced vapers. They come in many colors and attractive styles.
Vape mods: This type of VP has a larger battery and allows you to control the voltage and wattage so that you can adjust the level of nicotine you are inhaling. They are more durable but also tend to be a little more bulky. They are more expensive than vape pens and tend to be a little more complex to use.
Huff & Puffers have been providing vape gear since 2004. They remain at the forefront of the vape scene, offering the best and newest products, with competitive prices and a blend of services that are second to none. If for some reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund, no hassle.
What Are My Options for Vape Juice?
Vape juice, also known as e-juice or e-liquid, is the liquid component of an e-cigarette or PV. You can buy it bottles or cartridges. There is a very wide selection of e-juices on the market. The most reputable brands are GMP compliant, this means it meets the FDA’s Good Manufacturing Standards and is of the highest quality. The best e-juice contains high-grade vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol and/or nicotine. E-juices are available in a varied selection of flavors to suit your taste. Here are some examples:
Alpha Vape: Produced by e-juice connoisseur Sam Rosenberg, Alpha Vape is a fruity line of e-juice with unusual flavor combinations with complex blends and hidden notes.
Bazooka Sour Straws: If you’re a fan of Sour Patch Kids candy, you will love this selection of e-juice that comes in sour melon, sour apple and sour strawberry flavors.
Cloud Stout: This e-juice was created by Ray "Thumper" Parker, who was inspired to quit smoking and switch to vaping when his first child was on the way. This selection of flavors is based on his love for craft beers.
Cutwood: Founded by Jared Unger, this e-juice is one of the leading brands in the nation. Their most popular flavor is Unicorn Milk, which is a combination of strawberry extract and four different creams.
Donuts E-juice: Inspired by Homer Simpson and created by Marina Vape, this unique e-juice comes in classic strawberry donut and milk flavor, cereal-based Pebbles Donuts and Blueberry Donuts flavors.
Ethos Vapers: This brand has a unique range of flavors including Ethos Crispy Treats. Their e-juices are available in larger 60l bottle at very affordable prices.
Kilo Black: This range of e-juices comes in cool black glass bottles that also help keep the vape juice fresh. There are four delicious flavors including: birthday cake, apple pie, honey crème, and milk and cookies.
Mad Hatter Juice: If you have a sweet tooth, you’ll love this range of e-juice. Flavors include: I Love Popcorn, 120 Cream Pop, I Love Donuts, and I love Cookies.
Naked 100: This e- juice manufacturer has a wide range of flavors including: Frost Bite, All Melon, Amazing Mango, Green Blast, Hawaiian Pog, Lava Flow, and Vey Cool.
Gemini Vapors: Created by Phillip Rocke, who brought his background of creating flavor extracts in the alcohol and beer industry to e-juice, this range of flavors each tastes different on the inhale than it does on the exhale. For example, Enter the Dragon, the company's best-selling flavor, is a delicious strawberry on the inhale, with a subtle white peach on the exhale.
The Milkman: Masterminded by Barbara Villegas, owner of a hookah bar and ice cream shop, this range is a selection of milk and churro and milk based e-juice.
Time Bomb: The aim of this e-juice company was to offer a flavor that is light enough for day-time vaping. The result is Fuse, Heathen, Joker, Julius and TNT, a delicious mixture of strawberry, apple, and peach, which is still hailed as their staple flavor.
Vape Snacks: Founded by the mixologists behind the acclaimed Juicy Ohms E-Juice, Vape Snacks offers Toasty: an e-juice with the flavor of a breakfast tart packed with strawberry filling and topped with sugary frosting. It comes in an affordable 120ml bottle.
You can find all these e-juices and many more at Huff & Puffers. We have a diverse selection of e-liquids created by mixologists across the nation. Once you’ve sampled our selection, you’ll be back for more.
How Can E-cigarettes and Vaporizers Help me Quit Smoking?
It is possible to use e-cigarette and/or vaporizers to help you stop smoking, if you use them correctly. Studies have shown that smokers who used PVs every day instead of cigarettes made more effort to quit than infrequent users. If you are using you PV to completely replace cigarettes, you may initially want to up the nicotine delivery as most PVs provide a lower nicotine dosage than cigarettes. The benefit of this is that you can gradually decrease your nicotine delivery. If you want to give up nicotine altogether but continue vaping, you can move on to nicotine-free e-juice.
10 Myths About Vaping
There is a lot of misinformation circulating about e-cigarettes and personal vaporizers. Here are 10 of the most common myths busted.
1. E-juice is bad for you because you don’t know what’s in it. This is probably the most common myth circulate by people who have never even tried vaping. If you purchase a high quality e-juice it will usually only contain 3 or 4 ingredients. These are vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol, natural/food grade flavoring and nicotine, which is optional.
2. Vaping will give you popcorn lung. This myth stems from e-juice that contained diacetyl. Diacetyl is a chemical that is used in the manufacture of artificial butter flavoring for popcorn. It was found to cause a lung condition in factory workers who were breathing in high quantities. Diacetyl may sometimes be used in custard flavored e-juices. However, studies have shown that even in these cases, the amount of diacetyl used is way below safe levels.
3. Nicotine is carcinogenic. Although nicotine is addictive, there is no evidence to support the fact that it causes cancer, in spite of this claim. Multiple studies have been conducted to test this claim. The fast is that many of the other chemicals in tobacco have been linked
4. E-cigarettes and PVs encourage teens to smoke tobacco. Many people are under the mistaken assumption that once teens start vaping, they will switch to smoking tobacco. This is incorrect. A study undertaken by the CDC showed that even when vaping increased among high schoolers; it did not affect the rate of smoking tobacco.
5. Vaping is more addictive than smoking cigarettes. While part of the fun of vaping is trying our new flavors, tanks and mods, and this may become a bit of an obsession, vaping is no more addictive than smoking tobacco and may be even less so. A study conducted by Dr. Murray Laugesen showed that e-cigarettes and vaporizers do not deliver nicotine as effectively as regular cigarettes, which means you may not be inhaling as much nicotine as you think.
6. Vaping causes just as much harm to your body as smoking tobacco. This claim is rather ridiculous when you consider the fact that tobacco contains hundreds of chemicals, many of which are harmful to the body, while e-juice contains only 3 or 4 ingredients. If you are a smoker who has switched to vaping, you will know firsthand how much better you feel, how much easier it is to breathe and how you senses of smell and taste have improved. If that’s not enough there is also a study which was conducted at the Department of Cardiology at Onassis Cardiac Surgery Center in Athens, Greece, which shows that smoking cigarettes adversely affects diastolic function, whereas vaping does not affect it at all.
7. E-cigarettes and personal vaporizers are dangerous because they are in danger of exploding. While there may be a grain of truth in this myth, it’s worth explaining where that comes from. There have been a number of stories published in the media about this happening, but it’s important to understand that there is the same chance or less of your e-cog or PV exploding than there is or your cell phone blowing up. It’s really all about battery safety and proper use. Read the instructions that come with your device, run them on the proper resistance, and unplug them from the mains once they are fully charged.
8. E-cigarettes and PVs cannot help you quit smoking. As noted earlier, both types of device are effective for quitting smoking if used properly. In support of this, the he National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) published a study which concludes that personal vaping devices should be added to the list of options for helping with the reduction of tobacco use.
9. E-juices contain anti-freeze. This myth is based on confusion and a lack of understanding of basic chemistry. It stems from the fact that one of the ingredients in e-juice – propylene glycol, is also used in the manufacture of anti-freeze. This, or course, does not mean It stems from the fact that one of the ingredients in e-juice – propylene glycol, is also used in the manufacture of anti-freeze. This, or course, does not mean you are vaping anti-freeze. That would be like saying there is water in beer, so when you put water in your coffee you’re also adding beer. Ironically, the reason that propylene glycol is added to anti-freeze is to make it less harmful if it is accidentally swallowed.
10. Second hand vapor is just as harmful as second hand smoke. This is a justifiable concern, considering how harmful SHS smoke is. One of the biggest issues with second hand vaping has been the concern about how much, if any nicotine is left behind exhaled vapor. You may be pleasantly surprised to know that studies have shown that second hand vapor contains negligible levels of nicotine and the same level of carcinogens as ambient air.
Huff & Puffers are a trusted supplier of vape pens, box mods, tanks, coils, and accessories. They have a wide selection of premium e-liquids designed by more than 60 different mixologists. By signing up for a free account you can start saving today with Huff & Puffers rewards scheme. Quit smoking today!
Join our Mailing List
Sign up to receive our daily email and get 10% off your first purchase.